Tuners manage the number of available VIN slots they wish their AutoCal devices to hold using their FlashScan device. AutoCal ships with a default maximum VIN slot count set to 1.
AutoCal is configurable to a capacity of 221 VIN licenses. Each VIN license is capable of tuning one supported engine controller (ECM or PCM) and one supported transmission controller (TCM). The ECM/PCM and TCM do not need to be for the same vehicle.
To ensure VIN Licenses are delivered to you within 10 minutes of processing, your AutoCal Serial number and Auth Code will be validated before you can place your order.
Your VIN license slot limit MUST be increased prior to Serial and Auth Code validation.
VIN License Validation
- You must be running EFILive V8.2.24 software or later to generate valid auth codes.
- You must obtain your serial and authentication code from EFILive V8 software. (How?)
- Enter the AutoCal Serial number into the Serial field. Serial must be either 10 or 12 characters.
- Enter the authentication code into the Auth Code field. The Auth Code must be exactly 20 characters.
- Enter the Qty to purchase.
- Select [Check Serial & Code].
- Add validated code to cart.
VIN License Validation Help
If the serial and auth code do not pass validation, an error code will be displayed. Error code details and VIN License validation help can be found here. Customers should ensure that the information entered is EXACTLY as displayed in EFILive software.
- Check software version used to generate the auth code.
- Check for spaces at the start/end of code.
- Hyphens are essential.
- Serial must be either 10 or 12 characters.
- Auth Code must be exactly 20 characters.
- Verify quantity limit has not been exceeded.