December Public Release
- Added property setting to split large PID selection menus into multiple smaller menus.
- Fixed syntax highlighting for Lua strings in the calculated PIDs and scripts editors.
Lua strings may contain special characters (prefixed by a backslash, similar to C string literals) such as \" to embed a double quote character in a string literal that is delimited by double quotes at the start and end of the string.
E.g. "This is a string literal with an embedded quote, \" escaped via a backslash".
Lua strings may also be defined using double square brackets.
E.g. [[This is a string literal that contains a backslash \ and a quote " without requiring any escape characters]].
- Increased the number of available scan tool maps from 10 to 16.
- When saving scan files the customer details were not being being used to generate log file names when customer details were tagged in the log filename's template.
- Fixed security settings not being applied to files when using the "Save As for AutoCal" option for controllers that do not support Auto-Lock and where the Auto-Lock security option is active in the property setting: "When Saving Tune Files for AutoCal".
- Fixed "Duplicates not allowed." error after applying operating system patches to multiple files.
- V8 scripts (that have been converted from V7 scripts) will now continue to run even when a calibration is not found in the target tune file - just like V7 scripts do.
- V8 scripts (that have been converted from V7 scripts) will now display each calibration name that is updated and each calibration name that could not be found/updated - just like V7 scripts do.
- V8 scripts (that have been converted from V7 scripts) will now update DTC codes correctly where the DTC code is duplicated or exists in multiple classes. E.g. E35, E86 type DTCs.
- V7->V8 script conversion now correctly converts embedded double-quote characters in string literals.
- Disabled the "Clear DTCs before changing VIN" option for Cummins controllers. It is not required and if checked, may cause the VIN change to fail on some Cummins controllers.
- Fixed some static axis label values that were slightly different to their V7 equivalent labels.
- Added CMD editing to V8 editor.
Cummins Heavy Duty
- When logging DMA PIDs (i.e. PIDs whose names end with "_M" or "_DMA"), if the ignition is switched off for an extended period while data logging but data logging is not terminated, then when the ignition is switched on again the data log automatically continues. However, the DMA PIDs may no longer return valid data.
Workaround: EFILive recommends stopping the data log and restarting the data log when switching off the ignition for extended periods.
- EFILive V8 Reference.pdf