EFILive understands the hours and hours of hard work that is required to perfect a tune. All tune files are encrypted using EFILive's proprietary encryption routines, and as the author of a tune you can choose to restrict tune files in multiple ways:
- Restrict a tune file so that it can not be modified.
- Restrict a tune file so that it cannot be viewed.
- Restrict a tune file so that it can only be flashed into a particular engine or transmission controller (of your choosing).
- Restrict a tune file so that it can only be flashed by a particular AutoCal device (of your choosing).
- Autolock the controller (currently available for LS1B, E38, E40, E54 & E60 only). The target controller will be locked with a secret key that prevents the calibration from being read out of the controller. To unlock the controller it must be flashed with a tune file that does not have this option checked. Usually a stock file is used for unlocking duties.
These restrictions are available using EFILive V8 Scan and Tune software, by opening the relevant tune file in the [F3: Tune] -> [F4: Properties] tab, or via the [F5: BBX] -> [F6: Quick Setup] menu. The restrictions can only be saved when your FlashScan device is connected to the PC. The restrictions can only be removed if a FlashScan device with the same license number is connected to the PC.
From time to time EFILive's proprietary encryption routines are updated. Customers can access the bulk file conversion option to update tune file libraries to the latest tune file encryption. This feature can be accessed using EFILive V8 Scan and Tune software and navigating to the [F8: Tools] -> [F6: Convert] tab.