The License activation process is changing. From our next software release accessing licensing details for FlashScan V2 and AutoCal will be restricted to the EFILive V8 Scan and Tune software.
These features have been available concurrently in both V8 and V7 software versions for a number of years, and in line with the EFILive V8 software development project, accessing these functions via V7 software has been disabled.
Many customers will not even notice a change given most of our documentation and automated emails already provided instructions to access these features via V8 Scan and Tune Software rather than V7. Our remaining documentation and emails will be updated prior to the public release of these changes.
For customers not already using V8 Scan and Tune to find license details, accessing these functions in our V8 software is as simple as:
- Connect your FlashScan V2 or AutoCal device to your PC.
- Start the EFILive Scan and Tune application.
- Click the F7: Licenses button in the left-hand pane.
- The Serial Number will be shown in the Serial: field.
- Click the F3: VINs button in the left-hand pane.
- The Authentication (Auth) Code will be shown in the Auth code: field.
Note: An Auth Code is not applicable to a Scan Only product, only devices with a Tuning Option license.