February 2018 Beta software is now available.
ATTENTION - BETA SOFTWARE RELEASE
We strongly recommend that you do not install the beta software over the top of your production systems. It is possible that the beta test software may fail and your production system may not be recoverable. lf you conduct a tuning business, please take the necessary precautions to protect your business. EFILive recommends beta testers use a separate FlashScan V2 device (when installing the latest beta firmware) and only install the EFILive beta test software on a separate PC, laptop or virtual machine.
The current public release is available here.
A list of known issues can be found here: https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?28226-Current-Beta-Test-Release-1-(Feb-2018)
V8 Software: V8.2.13
Issue 1 When logging DMA PIDs (i.e. PIDs whose names end with "_M" or "_DMA"), if the ignition is switched off for an extended period while data logging but data logging is not terminated, then when the ignition is switched on again the data log automatically continues. However the DMA PIDs may no longer return valid data.
Workaround: EFILive recommends stopping the data log and restarting the data log when switching off the ignition for extended periods.
Issue 2 When Black Box Logging PIDs from an ECM and TCM simultaneously and a PID is selected from the transmission controller (TCM) that has an identically named PID in the engine controller (ECM), (i.e. RPM) then when the log file is opened in the V8 software for viewing, the TCM PID will be displayed as if it originated from the ECM. The PID's data will have correctly been logged from the TCM, only its name will appear to indicate that it was logged from the ECM.
Workaround: None. It is a restriction of the *.efi (V7.5 log file format). That restriction will be removed and the TCM PIDs will display their true origin once the V8 scan tool software is available.
Issue 3 Adding a key to the [Remote] section of a tune file is only active for the following controllers: LS1B, E38, E40, E54, E60 and E67.
Workaround: None. Support for additional controllers will be added in a future update.
Build V8.2.13 Enhancements
- Added conversion option to convert Cummins XCal and InCal files to binary files suitable for loading into EFILive.
- Added a "VIN License Remaining" message when checking or activating VIN licenses during flashing to help tuners keep track of how many VIN licenses they have available.
- An un-authorized auth code can no longer be used to overwrite (and therefor destroy) an existing authorized auth code for the same controller.
Build V8.2.12 Enhancements
- Added Clear DTC option in [F4 OBD]->[F2: OBD].
Build V8.2.13 Bug Fixes
- The error and warning messages displayed in the [F6: Cal-Flash] and [F7: Full-Flash] pages are now correctly displayed in red.
- The correct error $0291 "Light/Medium duty protocol (J1979) not supported." is now displayed when an attempt is made to read or flash a VPW based controller with a FlashScan HD or AutoCal HD device.
- Controllers that require authorization, for which authorization is not supported now return error $0544 when attempting to read/flash (i.e. T87).
- All checksums are now corrected, disabled and/or zeroed simultaneously to prevent conflicts between overlapping checksum regions.
- Removed trailing CR/LF from data (such as VIN, Serial number etc.) when using the "Copy Data Only" right-click copy to clipboard options.
- If the VIN contains non-printable characters (including the space character) then those characters are translated to 0's prior to being displayed in the VIN.
- Stopped [Copy] and [Copy Code] buttons on the [F8: Authorization] tab page becoming disabled when tune window loses focus.
- Added option to unlock selected controllers by trying every possible key in a defined range. This option is only available for the following controllers: E38, E40, E67, LS1B, E54 (LB7) and E60 (LLY). During the unlock process the controller is erased and left in a dead-poll state. The controller must then be cal-flashed with a valid tune file.
- PID values in the [F3: Data] tab page were not updating on screen while monitoring data (i.e. logging data with the recording option paused.
Build V8.2.12 Bug Fixes
- Cummins HD DTC descriptions are no longer automatically selected for copying to FlashScan devices by default.
- The Cummins HD "Failure Mode Indicator (FMI) Descriptions" option was incorrectly disabled.
- Added additional validation checks when VIN licensing LB7/LLY controllers to help prevent VIN license failures.
- Fixed problem with PID validation for controllers with OS numbers with less than 8 digits.
- Fixed the "Force Checksum to be Correct" option for segments that have invalid checksums.
- Fixed poblem with DTC status information not being stored consistently in *.pld log files.
- Fixed checksum failure when reading Cummins CM2350A HD controllers or when opening CM2350A tune files that had been read using the Nov 2017 V8 software.
FlashScan/AutoCal Boot Block: V2.07.007 (Feb 07, 2014) and
FlashScan/AutoCal Firmware: V2.07.130 (Jan 31, 2018)
- When logging DMA PIDs (i.e. PIDs whose names end with “_M” or “_DMA”), if the ignition is switched off for an extended period while data logging but data logging is not terminated, then when the ignition is switched on again the data log automatically continues. However the DMA PIDs may no longer return valid data. EFILive recommends stopping the data log and restarting the data log when switching off the ignition for extended period.
Build 130 Enhancements:
- Updated VPW broadcast message handling to increase timing tolerance to better manage multiple modules on the VPW bus.
Build 129 Enhancements:
- The AutoCal display "FS2-Link Required" is now cleared automatically after a successful link and re-displayed after a successful un-link.
- Added current and pending DTC display for Cummins HD.
- Added DTC and FMI description display for Cummins HD.
- Added DTC Clearing for Cummins HD.
Build 130 Bug Fixes
- If the VIN contains non-printable characters (including the space character) then those characters are translated to 0's prior to being displayed in the VIN..
Build 129 Bug Fixes
- Fixed PID validation problems for Cummins HD PIDs that use a single data channel.
V7 Software: V7.5.17
- The E92 controller's serial number is not displayed correctly in the V7.5 software. Please use the V8 software to display the E92 controller's serial number.
Build 7.5.17 Calibration Updates:
Cummins Heavy Duty
- CM2350A - support for additional operating systems
- CM2250 - support for additional operating systems
- CM2220 - support for additional operating systems
- CM2880 - support for additional operating systems
- E78 - added support for new OS 12678650.
Build 7.5.16 Calibration Updates:
Cummins Heavy Duty
- CM2350A - support added for new heavy duty controller.
- CM2250 - support added for new heavy duty controller.
- CM2220 - support added for new heavy duty controller.
- CM2880 - support added for new heavy duty controller.
- E92 - added support for OS 12686391, 12678648.
- E80 - added support for 2017 Opel Corsa-E 1.0
- E98 - added support for OS 55508080, 55488073 and 55504267.
- 3D calibration maps now show the min/max values in the table, or in the set of selected cells
- Added support for Cummins Heavy Duty controllers - requires a FlashScan HD or an AutoCal HD device.
- Fixed LML (E86A and E86B) VIN not showing correctly in the tune tool.
- Fixed E98 OS number display in tune tool.
- Fixed some tune files not loading correctly into V7 editor.
- Fixed "The binary image is not a valid binary size." when loading CM2350A tune files that had been read using the Nov 2017 V8 software.
- EFILive Error Codes.
- Cummins HD File Conversion Guide.
- Cummins HD User Guide.
Knowledgebase Updates https://support.efilive.com/kb.php