EFILive is pleased to announce December 2017 Public Release software is now available. EFILive has changed the [Check for Updates] process. The [Check for Updates] option will check your current software version against the most recent public release version available on our website. If a newer version is available, users will be directed to our website to download the updated software.
A list of known issues can be found here: https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?28154-Current-Public-Release-(Dec-2017)
V8 Software: V8.2.12
Issue 1 When logging DMA PIDs (i.e. PIDs whose names end with "_M" or "_DMA"), if the ignition is switched off for an extended period while data logging but data logging is not terminated, then when the ignition is switched on again the data log automatically continues. However the DMA PIDs may no longer return valid data.
Workaround: EFILive recommends stopping the data log and restarting the data log when switching off the ignition for extended periods.
Issue 2 When Black Box Logging PIDs from an ECM and TCM simultaneously and a PID is selected from the transmission controller (TCM) that has an identically named PID in the engine controller (ECM), (i.e. RPM) then when the log file is opened in the V8 software for viewing, the TCM PID will be displayed as if it originated from the ECM. The PID's data will have correctly been logged from the TCM, only its name will appear to indicate that it was logged from the ECM.
Workaround: None. It is a restriction of the *.efi (V7.5 log file format). That restriction will be removed and the TCM PIDs will display their true origin once the V8 scan tool software is available.
Issue 3 Adding a key to the [Remote] section of a tune file is only active for the following controllers: LS1B, E38, E40, E54, E60 and E67.
Workaround: None. Support for additional controllers will be added in a future update.
Build V8.2.12 Enhancements
- Added Clear DTC option in [F4 OBD]->[F2: OBD].
Build V8.2.12 Bug Fixes
- Cummins HD DTC descriptions are no longer automatically selected for copying to FlashScan devices by default.
- The Cummins HD "Failure Mode Indicator (FMI) Descriptions" option was incorrectly disabled.
- Added additional validation checks when VIN licensing LB7/LLY controllers to help prevent VIN license failures.
- Fixed problem with PID validation for controllers with OS numbers with less than 8 digits.
- Fixed the "Force Checksum to be Correct" option for segments that have invalid checksums.
- Fixed poblem with DTC status information not being stored consistently in *.pld log files.
- Fixed checksum failure when reading Cummins CM2350A HD controllers or when opening CM2350A tune files that had been read using the Nov 2017 V8 software.
FlashScan/AutoCal Boot Block: V2.07.007 (Feb 07, 2014) and
FlashScan/AutoCal Firmware: V2.07.129 (Dec 17, 2017)
- When logging DMA PIDs (i.e. PIDs whose names end with “_M” or “_DMA”), if the ignition is switched off for an extended period while data logging but data logging is not terminated, then when the ignition is switched on again the data log automatically continues. However the DMA PIDs may no longer return valid data. EFILive recommends stopping the data log and restarting the data log when switching off the ignition for extended periods.
Build 129 Enhancements:
- The AutoCal display "FS2-Link Required" is now cleared automatically after a successful link and re-displayed after a successful un-link.
- Added current and pending DTC display for Cummins HD.
- Added DTC and FMI description display for Cummins HD.
- Added DTC Clearing for Cummins HD.
Build 129 Bug Fixes
- Fixed PID validation problems for Cummins HD PIDs that use a single data channel.
V7 Software: V7.5.16
- The E92 controller's serial number is not displayed correctly in the V7.5 software. Please use the V8 software to display the E92 controller's serial number.
Build 7.5.15 Calibration Updates:
Cummins Heavy Duty
- CM2350A - support added for new heavy duty controller.
- CM2250 - support added for new heavy duty controller.
- CM2220 - support added for new heavy duty controller.
- CM2880 - support added for new heavy duty controller.
- E92 - added support for OS 12686391, 12678648.
- E80 - added support for 2017 Opel Corsa-E 1.0
- E98 - added support for OS 55508080, 55488073 and 55504267.
- Added support for Cummins Heavy Duty controllers - requires a FlashScan HD or an AutoCal HD device.
- Fixed some tune files not loading correctly into V7 editor.
- Fixed "The binary image is not a valid binary size." when loading CM2350A tune files that had been read using the Nov 2017 V8 software.
- EFILive Error Codes.
- Cummins HD User Guide.
Knowledgebase Updates https://support.efilive.com/kb.php